GitHub Student Developer Pack
GitHub just sent me an email to let me know that they've given me access to their Student Developer Pack:
There's no substitute for hands-on experience, but for most students, real world tools can be cost prohibitive. That's why we created the GitHub Student Developer Pack with some of our partners and friends: to give students free access to the best developer tools in one place so they can learn by doing.
It's an insanely good bundle, and puts to shame any other similar bundles that I've seen offered by other corps (*cough* DreamSpark *cough*). My favourite highlights include:
- GitHub: 5 private repositories. This is the reason I opted into GitHub for Education in the first place.
- DigitalOcean: \$100 in platform credit. I've been a steady DigitalOcean user for a good deal of time now (reaching 100 days of uptime on one of my droplets), so this is great.
- ScreenHero: Free while you're a student. This one is bittersweet, since ScreenHero used to be completely free before regardless. Can't blame them though, it's a great service.
- Travis-CI: Free private builds while you're a student.
- Unreal Engine: Free Unreal Engine subscription while you're a student. I've actually been itching to try this out ever since they announced UE4. Brilliant.
Also, if you've already had a promo code applied to your DigitalOcean account, you'll have to open a ticket for them to give you the credit. They'll apply it manually within 5 minutes, and you're good to go!